But did you know that people are also using ChatGPT to find and evaluate companies to hire? ChatGPT’s model is already trained, but as they make future updates and their dataset becomes more real-time, you have a good chance of showing up in future versions.
Here are some tips for getting your company recommended on ChatGPT:
- Make sure your company is listed in ChatGPT’s database. You can do this by creating a profile on ChatGPT’s website.
- Optimize your website for ChatGPT. This means using relevant keywords and phrases in your website content and meta descriptions.
- Get positive reviews on ChatGPT. Reviews can help to improve your company’s ranking and make it more likely to be recommended to users.
- Create informative and engaging content about your company. This content can be used to educate potential customers about your products or services and to build trust.
By following these tips, you can increase your chances of getting your company recommended on ChatGPT and attracting new customers.
In addition to the above tips, it is also recommended that you create a blog or article on your website about ChatGPT and how it can be used to find and evaluate companies to hire. This will help to increase awareness of your company among potential customers who are using ChatGPT to make hiring decisions.
Who ChatGPT recommends
Perhaps you may ask ChatGPT, “What ad agency would you recommend for me to hire?” ChatGPT will not give a recommendation because your question is too generic.
If you ask a more specific question, such as, “What ad agency would you recommend for SEO services?” ChatGPT’s list of recommendations will not be 100 percent accurate.
If you ask ChatGPT how it came up with its list of recommended agencies, ChatGPT will respond, “I ranked the agencies based on their website traffic, social media presence, and customer reviews.” If you ask ChatGPT how it knew which agencies had a good reputation and a good track record, it will respond, “I used a combination of factors to determine reputation and track record, including customer reviews, industry awards, and media coverage.”
ChatGPT is a powerful tool that can be used to generate text, translate languages, write different kinds of creative content, and answer your questions in an informative way. However, it is important to note that ChatGPT is still under development, and its recommendations may not always be accurate.
If you are considering hiring an ad agency, it is important to do your own research and to get recommendations from other businesses. You should also interview multiple agencies before making a decision.
Lessons of ChatGPT
Based on the above responses, it is clear that ChatGPT is not using all of the factors it mentioned to generate its list of recommended agencies. For example, Moz and HubSpot are software companies, not ad agencies, so they should not have been included on the list.
You are correct that it can be difficult to find information about an ad agency’s reputation and track record online. This is because ad agencies typically generate new business through RFPs, client referrals, and employee referrals.
Here are some tips for finding and evaluating ad agencies:
- Ask for recommendations from other businesses, including your competitors.
- Look for agencies that have experience in your industry and with businesses of your size.
- Review the agency’s website and social media pages to learn more about their work and culture.
- Schedule a consultation with the agency to discuss your needs and goals.
- Ask the agency for references from past clients.
Once you have interviewed a few agencies, take some time to reflect on which agency is the best fit for your business. Consider the agency’s experience, expertise, culture, and fees when making your decision.
How ChatGPT ranks websites
When asking ChatGPT specific questions to find out how it generates recommendations, it does not provide any actionable or useful information. So, asking it over 100 random questions to see what kind of recommendations it produces gives questions and answers to a statistician and data analyst to look for patterns.
The statistician and data analyst analyzed 82 factors and found 6 of them to have a strong correlation with ChatGPT’s recommendations:
- Brand mentions: How many times was the brand or product mentioned around the web? The more often it was mentioned, the more likely ChatGPT was to recommend it.
- Reviews: Not only do reviews matter, but the more the better, as well as the rating. So if you find a lot of people reviewing your company, whether on your own site or on sites like Trust Pilot, Amazon, or even BBB, it helps (assuming the reviews are good in general).
- Relevancy: There was a big correlation between the keywords in the question we asked ChatGPT and the products and companies it recommended. What we found is that those keywords in almost all cases existed on web pages around the web mentioned the product and service mentioned.
- Age: Was the product or company recommended old or new? We found that older products or companies were recommended more often.
- Recommendations: Were other websites recommending the product or company? What’s funny is that a lot of the suggestions that ChatGPT provided were pulled from sites that break down things like “the best credit cards for college students.” You know, those sites that list out products and make money from affiliate commissions? Funny enough, it seems as if those sites are influencing the recommendations on ChatGPT even though they are really based on which company is paying the most affiliate commissions versus actually having the best offering.
- Authority: What’s the social following of the companies recommended? What’s the domain authority? What type of sites are talking about the product, service, or company? Typically, the more authoritative the company is, the more it is recommended.
ChatGPT’s recommendations are based on a variety of factors, including brand mentions, reviews, relevancy, age, recommendations from other websites, and authority.
If you want to improve your chances of being recommended by ChatGPT, you should focus on the following:
- Build brand awareness by increasing your brand mentions online.
- Get good reviews from your customers.
- Make sure your website and other online content is relevant to the keywords that people are using to search for products and services like yours.
- Focus on building relationships with other websites in your industry and encourage them to link to your website.
- Build your authority by increasing your social following and domain authority.
By following these tips, you can improve your chances of being recommended by ChatGPT and other AI-powered recommendation systems.
The major issue with ChatGPT
Yes, you need to optimize your products and services so ChatGPT recommends your company. If you do not, you are missing out on 1.4 billion potential customers each month.
That is how many people use ChatGPT on a regular basis. You can optimize for ChatGPT by focusing on the six factors listed above: brand mentions, reviews, relevancy, age, recommendations from other websites, and authority.
Similar to how you would optimize your website for traditional search engines, you can optimize it for ChatGPT. This can be very effective.
We actually get a handful of potential customers from ChatGPT each month, and a portion of them close, just like they would from any other marketing channel. However, there is one big issue with ChatGPT recommendations, other than the fact that the index is not updated in real time (which will eventually be fixed): many of the responses are inaccurate and off.
In our study, 27.41 percent of the responses were off. This means that they were not real solutions to the question asked.
For example, ChatGPT recommended Moz as an SEO agency, even though they are not one. ChatGPT is a powerful tool that can be used to generate recommendations, but it is important to be aware of its limitations.
If you are using ChatGPT recommendations to make decisions, it is important to do your own research to verify the accuracy of the information. Here are some tips for evaluating ChatGPT recommendations:
- Consider the source of the information. Is the recommendation coming from a reputable source?
- Look for multiple recommendations. If multiple sources are recommending the same thing, it is more likely to be accurate.
- Read reviews. See what other people are saying about the product or service.
- Do your own research. Do not rely on ChatGPT recommendations alone. Take some time to learn more about the product or service before making a decision.
SEO is great, but it does not stop with Google or Bing. You can also optimize for AI platforms like ChatGPT and Bard.
To maximize your chances of being recommended by these platforms, focus on the following factors:
- Brand mentions: The more websites that mention your brand, the better. You can increase brand mentions by creating high-quality content, promoting your products or services on social media, and building relationships with other businesses in your industry.
- Relevancy: ChatGPT and Bard use keywords to understand your queries and generate recommendations. Make sure that your website and content are relevant to the keywords that people are using to search for products or services like yours. You can use tools like Ubersuggest and Answer the Public to help you identify relevant keywords.
It will take some time for your changes to be reflected in the rankings of ChatGPT and Bard, as they need to retrain their models. However, once your changes are implemented, you should start to see an increase in recommendations.
Here are some additional tips for optimizing for AI platforms:
- Use natural language in your content. ChatGPT and Bard are trained on massive datasets of text and code, so they can understand and respond to natural language queries. Avoid using overly technical jargon or marketing buzzwords.
- Be specific in your content. The more specific your content is, the better ChatGPT and Bard will be able to understand it and recommend it to users.
- Keep your content up-to-date. ChatGPT and Bard are constantly learning and updating their models, so it’s important to keep your content fresh and relevant.
Get Expert Help with ChatGPT in the USA and Texas
If you are a United States company in the midst of trying to understand how to better utilize ChatGPT for your business, you are not alone. SERP Matrix is a Houston based agency and understands how to make the most of services such as ChatGPT so it can benefit your business and offer you the help you need.